D.S. & Durga
Perfumes and fragrance by D.S. & Durga
D.S. & Durga fragrance and perfume list.
D.S. & Durga fragrances: New York niche perfume line created by musician, David Seth (a.k.a. D. S.) Moltz, and his architect wife, Kavi Ahuja, whom he nicknamed Durga (Hindu goddess), launched in Brooklyn in 2007. Learn more
- 2017 - Durga
- 2016 - Radio Bombay | Rose Atlantic | White Peacock Lily
- 2015 - El Cosmico | HYLANDS Foxglove | Debaser
- 2014 - Lonshoreman's Cologne for J.Crew
- 2013 - HYLANDS: Bitter Rose, Broken Spear, Isle Ryder, Pale Grey Mountain, Black Lake, Spirit of Glen
- 2012 - Bowmakers
- 2011 - Poppy Rouge | Boston Ivy | Five Step Waltz | Freetrapper | Italian Citrus | Mississippi Medicine | Osmanthus | Sir | The Orchid Drinkers
- 2008 - Burning Barbershop | Coriander | Cowboy Grass | Siberian Snow | Silent Grove
D.S. & Durga - perfume house
About D.S. & Durga
D.S. & Durga make perfume and cologne in small batches using premium-sourced raw materials. All scents are created exclusively in-house. Some of their inspiration comes from outdated herbal wisdom, native ritual medicine, lore and legends, historical movements and Americana. The scents are the stories of prospectors, gentry, trailblazers, frontier women, drawing rooms, workbenches, cowboys - fragments of half remembered legends, movements, events, and foreign lands. D.S. & Durga's production hearkens back to the pre-industrial cottage industries of North America. The processes are time consuming and low in yield. Both factors place quality of product far above quantity. D.S. & Durga strive to present a range from light to full bodied. Though all scent is unisex in nature, D.S. & Durga honor the classical break-down of masculines & feminines. Sartorial consideration is an important facet of their decisions.
Source: www.dsanddurga.com (Feb. 2013)
Contact D.S. & Durga
Shop for perfume: Luckyscent, Beautyhabit
D.S. & Durga - fragrance editorials
D.S. & Durga
Fragrance Files - GENDER FLUID
Who's the say what a woman or man should smell like? The coolest new scents occupy neutral territory.
...traditional gender lines are blurring: Women wear men's colognes, men are wearing perfume, and niche lines like Ex Nihilo, Byredo, D.S. & Durga, Arquiste, and Le Labo often eschew labels altogether, putting out strong, intoxicating scents that are winning over both sexes.
- CALVIN KLEIN CK2 Eau de Toilette, $75
- BYREDO Super Cedar Eau de Parfum, $230
- JO MALONE Orris & Sandalwood Cologne Intense, $170
- HERMES Eau de Neroli Dore Eau de Cologne, $129
- MAISON FRANCIS KURKDJIAN Baccarat Rouge 540, $300
- THE FRAGRANCE KITCHEN In Love Eau de Parfum, $320
- AVEDA Love Composition Oil, $30
- ...read more about Gender-free Perfumes
(Goldstein, J. "Beauty: Fragrance Files - Gender Fluid." Marie Claire Mar. 2016: 220-221)